Doctor’s Approach Dermatology will be holding a Free Skin Cancer Screening. “Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer and everyone is at risk,” said Dr. Marcy Street, Founder and Medical Director of Doctor’s Approach Dermatology. “While skin cancer is highly treatable when caught early, it can be deadly. That’s why free screenings like this one are so important.”
Facts about skin cancer:
- It is estimated one in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
- It is estimated that approximately 9,500 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with skin cancer every day.
- Skin cancer can affect anyone, regardless of skin color.
- More than 1 million Americans are living with melanoma.
- Melanoma is the second most common form of cancer in females age 15-29.
“Unlike other cancers, skin cancer can be detected by a dermatologist during a visual exam of your skin,” said Dr. Street. “A skin cancer screening only takes a few minutes and it could save your life.”
Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 5:00 to 6:30pm
2685 W. Jolly Rd. Okemos, MI 48864
Our Skin Cancer Screening Event is open to all new patients to Doctor’s Approach Dermatology. New patients can make an appointment by calling our office at 517-993-5900 or sign up below.