Acne can be a physically and emotionally painful skin condition that negatively impacts the lives of sufferers. While most people believe acne generally affects teenagers and young adults, this skin condition can impact people in their 20s, 30s and beyond.
The good news is that help in treating acne is available at Doctor’s Approach in Okemos, Michigan, a dermatology practice and med spa that has been serving the greater Lansing area for years.
If acne is making your life difficult, harming your self-confidence and preventing you from leading a full and active social life, it’s time to take action. Contact Doctor’s Approach today to schedule an appointment. It’s the first step toward achieving clearer skin and an improved sense of well-being.
What Is Acne?
Acne is a disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin and it affects more than 80 percent of adolescents, and many adults.
How Does Acne Form?
During puberty and stress, and due to hormonal influences, our bodies produce large amounts of an oily substance called sebum. Sebum, when combined with excess skin debris, sticks together in our pores, causing them to become clogged. Without effective treatment, these clogged pores can become red, infected, swollen – and form unsightly pimples that can lead to scarring.
Topical creams can work in combination with antibiotics and other treatments in our med spa to help you achieve the complexion you desire.
Acne is the most common skin problem in the U.S., and Dr. Marcy Street and her team at Doctor’s Approach take a special interest in clearing this frustrating problem. Hard-to-control acne will quickly improve with our established, proven methods. Our treatments result in smoother, clearer and more radiant skin for patients of all ages.
At Doctor’s Approach, we offer:
- Medical appointments with one of our experienced providers to formulate a personalized treatment plan to combat your acne.
- A complete line of physician-grade Doctor’s Approach products that will enhance your at-home skin care routine and compliment your prescriptions.
- FDA-approved prescription medications. These include Accutane, which is an oral medication that can dramatically improve acne. We safely monitor you through a series of appointments while on this medication.
- Anti-Acne Balancing Facials: These treatments combine deep cleansing, exfoliation, extractions and a facial massage.
- Beta Peels: These peels feature an effective amount of salicylic acid and are designed to improve uneven pigmentation, active acne, scarring and enlarged pores.
- Alpha and Beta peels to help diminish scarring.
- Microdermabrasion Treatments: Also known as a Parisian Peel, these treatments soothe and rejuvenate scarred, acne-prone skin and leave you with a healthy glow.
- Fractional resurfacing: We utilize the latest laser technology to stimulate the collagen and elastin in your skin to minimize acne scarring.
- Acne extractions to safely help eliminate blackheads and whiteheads.
With years of experience in reducing and managing acne, Doctor’s Approach can restore your skin’s natural balance with our unique combination of acne treatments.
Don’t let acne and scarring prevent you from leading your life to the fullest. For more information on acne treatment in the Lansing, Michigan area, contact Doctor’s Approach today.